blocks_image

Welcome to Antico Molino.

A country house dating from 1845, as shown by an inscription a stone, discovered by chance, in the middle of two arches that were the entrance of the mill.
Cereals were milled thanks to the water of the little river “Fosso dello Ierna”, that flows next to the house and let to turn the mill stones.
The water went into the mill by a wall built behind the house and it was brought out again to the river through a tunnel. People reached the house and the mill via a little bridge made in iron and wood.
Today the entire building has again been brought to new light.
As the years go by, numerous peasant families lived in the country house. They were farmers and animal breeders.
At the ground floor there were the stables, source of nourishment and heat (in addiction to the fire-place) for the family who lived upstairs.
Today every things has returned to a new life in respect of past tradition and nature which surrounds the country house.
blocks_image
blocks_image
blocks_image
The farm and the “Agriturismo” are completely family-run, Mario and Enrico mostly deal with the agricultural side, while Luca deals with the reception of the guests and with the cultural side of the “Agriturismo”, because the Antico Molino will become as soon as possible also a cultural centre. The respective wives assist and support all the activities of the farm.
blocks_image
blocks_image